We Need Your Help!
The Children’s Room, located on the lower level of the library, has been one of the most well used areas of the library since it opened 115 years ago. While this still remains true today, unfortunately the physical space of the children’s room hasn’t really kept up with the way libraries have been changing over the last several years. Libraries no longer function as just warehouses for books. Libraries have transformed into essential community resources, centers of learning and engagement, and one of the last places that people can go without the expectation of spending money. We want our children’s room to reflect the positive changes that have taken the library world by storm by giving it a much-needed makeover.
Here’s what we plan to do:
- Replace most of the current bookshelves with ones that better suit the space, are mobile, and make it easier for kids and adults to browse.
- Replace the carpet with something more attractive and easier to maintain.
- Update and replace our current furniture with more attractive, fun, and mobile pieces as well as activity centers for little ones to play at.
- Install a mini-makerspace where kids can learn and create.
- Repaint the walls with something more fun and eye-catching.
How Can You Help?
We’re applying for grants but are trying to raise some match funds to make this project a reality. If you can, we’re looking for donations and every little bit helps. Ways you can help include: